Manages all aspects of Web systems (intranet and extranet) including design, release, and maintenance. Works with Digital Marketing Manager, internal marketing group(s), customers and technology vendors to maximize opportunities in company's Web-based presence. Manages subordinate staff in day-to-day performance of their jobs duties, ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
Description of Work
- Serve as a Web developer and content producer for company websites, online stores and online advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate group tasks among 4-6 web developers. Provide status reports on web-team projects, help to prioritize and assign work among the group.
- Manage a web development staff of 4-6 employees or contractors
- Manage e-commerce in online stores, including development of design look-and-feel, product inventory posting and management, special features, and store configuration.
- Manage email opt-in/out process as well as the management of all business unit opt-in clients and marketing email.
- Submit creative concepts and complete designs for online banner ads, both static and animated. Integrate campaigns with successful landing page strategies and design, including user interfaces for online customer acquisition.
- Setup and monitor SEO, ADWords, banner campaign marketing initiatives, and overall monitoring of corporate sites. Measure and report on web metrics for all corporate sites and marketing landing pages.
- Maintain a high level of web availability by ensuring backup/recovery procedures are in place, fail-over, DB backup and recovery as it relates to production sites.
- Experience managing technical staff as it relates to project management, education and training,
- While this position does not require a degreed programmer, it does require someone with strong development experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant industry experience with database management, DB tools, SQL, and over all DB architecture.
- Minimum 3-5 years of design experience using PhotoShop, HTML5. Video editing experience also desired.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across broad range of corporate staff.
- Scripting, programming and server technology experience highly desirable.
- Web graphics experience with Adobe applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat), as well as page layout applications within a PC environment is highly desirable.
- 1+ year Action-Scripting experience a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills, ability to manage tasks and teams to complete projects and willingness to accept responsibility for multiple assigned tasks.
- Willing to learn new programming languages, if required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse work community
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures and standards of integrated web site structuring and design
- Knowledge of current alternatives in available web site software and hardware
- Knowledge of established programming procedures and programming languages
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of current authoring languages, editing and authoring tools and related web site technologies
- Skilled in analytical problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain files, records, and reports
- Internet marketing and online business experience highly desired.
- SEO/SEM experience highly desired.
Desired tools – proficiencies:
- DreamWeaver plus HTML hand-coding experience.
- Adobe Photoshop, CS4, and related tools.
- Flash video and animation experience.
- Database management experience in SQL, Excel, and Access frameworks.
- MS Visual Studio Pro
- MS Visual Studio Team System
- High level of Microsoft Office suite competence.
- A Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Business Management or Marketing preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.