$80,000 - $100,000
Sep 13, 2018
Senior Reliability Engineer
Reports to: Plant Manager
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Senior Reliability Engineer is accountable for leading and managing the reliability function for the business unit to achieve or exceed budgeted maintenance and production targets in a safe cost effective manner. The incumbent administers the policies and standards as well as addressing legislated requirements to ensure reliability and mechanical integrity of the assets.
This position has a key role as part of the plant management team in advancing the performance, people, and systems of the maintenance & reliability team, and the unit overall, to these standards. This will include networking and sharing best practices with other Chemtrade facilities, as well as from other industry leaders.
The Senior Reliability Engineer will receive strong functional support from fellow managers on the plant management team, as well as from US colleagues including the Supervisor of Health & Safety; Central Resource Team: and the Senior Project Manager and colleagues in other company business units. The Engineering & Technical Manager will have a close relationship with the Site Manager.
Site Operations & Reliability
• Accountable for ensuring reliable and cost effective operations while meeting or exceeding federal, state, corporate and industry standards and leading practices in Safety, Environmental, Responsible Care® and Quality.
• Work with personnel to improve / optimize plant processes and reliability including reduction of plant downtime and cost reduction through the development and implementation of equipment integrity programs.
• Set up and establish an effective Reliability Centered Maintenance ( RCM ), Total Productive Maintenance ( TPM ), and Preventive / Predictive Maintenance programs.
• Assist in managing the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
•Ensures that the Reliability group interacts with Cross Functional Teams to establish work priorities based on equipment performance and concerns.
• Hands-on troubleshooting of equipment using traditional machine reliability methods and vibration analysis.
• Ensure root cause failure analyses and lessons learned from past equipment failures are communicated to appropriate stakeholders and retained to minimize the likelihood of recurring failures.
• Develop and regularly review key reliability performance indicators to demonstrate the effectiveness of the maintenance activity and audits reliability programs and commitments.
• Ensure documented maintenance programs and procedures are in place to effectively maintain the complex with a focus on preventative rather than reactive activities.
• Maintain a historical data file on all equipment in the facilities.
• Ensure Toledo Reliability and Engineering team engagement with turnaround scope optimization and success with the highest safety, engineering, mechanical integrity, schedule and cost standards.
• Under the guidance of the Plant Manager and Technical Resources, submit, implement and complete capital and maintenance projects safely, on time and within budget.
• Manage plant modifications utilizing the established Management of Change Process (MOC) and other Process Safety Management Systems.
• Lead reliability root cause analysis and continuous improvement efforts. Participate in and promote a plant philosophy and culture that focuses on Operational Excellence, particularly in the engineering and maintenance areas.
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
• Minimum of Five (5) years of experience in the Chemical or Oil & Gas Industry related to Reliability.
o Chemical process operation in a world class, high performing hazardous chemical process operations environment.
o Capital project management.
o Chemical plant optimization / improvement.
o Leading significant organizational change, ideally helping bring team and facilities up to world class standards.
• Demonstrates values of honesty and integrity, respect for others, teamwork and collaboration, accountability and performance.
• Strong leader, manager, and communicator.
• Team player.
• Demonstrated abilities in successfully leading change management.
• Strong interpersonal skills, group facilitation, conflict resolution.
• Proven organizational, technical, quality, safety, and environmental skills as they relate to the operation and maintenance of facilities.
• Autonomous and a self-starter capable of independent action and decision-making.
• Track record of meeting deadlines, working independently, and practicing good organizational skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Process Safety Management and Mechanical Integrity.
• Competent in HAZOP’s, Root Cause Analysis, and other similar methodologies.
• Strong PC & software skills (including Microsoft Office, Visio and Project. SAP would be an asset).
• Good working knowledge of the Responsible Care® program.
• As part of his/her development, is willing to consider future assignments to other Facilities, regional roles, or other roles in the company, as part of their career growth.
*****You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction******